Monday, March 25, 2019

[Week 8] The Fifth Beatle

So for this week I ended up reading The Fifth Beatle; and from a personal standpoint, I thought it was alright.

The art for this comic was really fantastic, if not a bit creepy at times, but the way they handled the figures and the way the backgrounds were painted were really really beautiful. When it comes to the story, I'm not entirely sure how much of it is true, especially with the whole "boyfriend" that kept trying to get money from Brian. I didn't really enjoy those parts of the story, because it was a depressing reminder about life, and I'm not about it.

Otherwise the comic wasn't so bad to read. It was very wordy, which I guess is fair for something that's supposed to be a bit of an autobiography.

When it comes to stereotyping, the only real stereotype that I can think of that could apply to this comic is the "kill your gays" trope, and the gay character being interested in fashion sort of stereotype. It's rough when this sort of thing happens, because I can understand feeling like as stereotype even as a person.

Would still probably recommend the comic to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment